Electronic Message Displays
You may be wondering, why are more and more businesses, schools, and organizations turning to LED displays? Electronic message displays are a one-time investment that advertises and informs with custom content that you can change whenever you wish, 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. Advances in technology and increased competition have brought the cost of owning a display to a lever that’s reasonable for many small businesses, and many manufacturers now offer leasing options as well.
Here’s some key findings from a study titled “Signage for Your Business”, from the Small Business Administration:
• For businesses that add an electronic message display to their current signage, the typical increase in business is 15% to 150%.
• Assuming a 15% increase in sales as a result of the purchase of an electronic display, for a business generating $1,000 per day in sale revenue will add $1,050 per week in sales, or approximately $54,600 per year.
While the cost of other forms of media advertising has surely gone up since the 2001 SBA study, the cost of LED displays has gone down – – significantly. A display that cost in the neighborhood of $30,000 in 2005 is a fraction of that cost today. Keeping this in mind, consider the following from the SBA study:
In comparison with other advertising mediums:
• Newspaper: The average cost is roughly $7.39 for 1000 exposures within a radius of ten miles of the business.
• TV: The cost is about $6.26 per 1000 exposures.
• Radio: The average cost is approximately $5.47 per 1000 exposures.
• LED/Electronic Message Display: $.45 per 1000 exposures (based on $30,000 display cost, adding cost of electricity, and a vehicle count of 20,000 passing vehicles per day)
Finally, think about our changing demographics…
• About 18.6% of Americans are moving every year.
• 15-35% of all traffic on a given street is transient traffic, including vacation traffic, etc.
Electronic displays provide a unique way of capturing the purchase attention of this traffic – – something TV, radio, newspaper, or even the internet can’t effectively do. Electronic displays quickly become your “salesman on the street”, capturing the attention of those driving by with changeable, dynamic content.
Source: SBA “Electronic Message Centres (EMC’s), Signage for Your Business , https://www.toaks.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=19507
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about electronic message displays and how they can help your business grow, give us a call! We’d be happy to set up an appointment to discuss the exciting new LED displays that are available today!
We’ll take the time to educate you about your digital sign purchase, and will help you select a product that makes sense for your business, school, or organization. We don’t try to sell you the most expensive sign, we explain the features and benefits of each type of display and let you make an educated decision. Every digital display or LED sign we sell is backed with an outstanding warranty from a manufacturer that will be there to provide technical support and parts for the life of your sign.